Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thinking.

A little over a year ago I drove across the country with my parents ready to start college at my dream school. Now, I'm making that same trip in the opposite direction to leave all of that behind and figure out a new dream.

So many thoughts are running through my head right now. My head is spinning in so many different directions. I don't have the words to explain what is going on in my head, so I'm going to let some of the lyrics from a few songs to help me. I highlighted my favorite line in each one as well.


#1. Roots Before Branches by Room For Two

"So many things to do and say,
But I can't seem to find my way,
But I want to know how.
I know I'm meant for something else,
But first I've got to find myself,
But I don't know how.

Oh, why do I reach for the stars
When I don't have wings to carry me that far?

I've gotta have roots before branches
To know who I am before I know
Who I wanna be.
And faith to take chances,
To live like I see a place in this world
For me.

Sometimes I don't want to feel
And forget the pain is real,
Put my head in the clouds."


#2. Get It Right by Lea Michelle

"What have I done?
I wish I could run away from this ship going under.
Just trying to help, hurt everyone else.
Now I feel the weight of the world is
On my shoulders.

What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just want to fix it somehow.
But how many times will it take for me
to get it right?

Can I start again with my faith shaken?
'Cause I can't go back and undo this
I just have to stay and face my mistakes, but if I get stronger and wiser I'll get through this.

So I throw up my fist,
Throw a punch in the air and accept the truth, that sometimes life isn't fair.

Yeah, I'll send out a wish
Yeah, I'll send up a prayer
And finally, someone will see
how much I care!"


#3. Cry by Kelly Clarkson

"When people all stare I'll pretend that I don't hear them talk.

I'll swallow my pride
And bite my tongue,
Pretend I'm okay with it all.
Act like there's nothing wrong.
What do I care if they believe me or not?

Is it over yet?
Can I open my eyes?
Is this as hard as it gets?
Is this what it feels like to really cry?

Why won't this just all go away?"


#4. For Good from the musical, Wicked

I've heard it said that people come
into our lives for a reason,
bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them
and we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true but I know I'm who I am today
because I knew you...

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you I have been changed for good.

It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime.
So let me say before we part,
So much of me is made from what
I learned from you.
You'll be with me like a handprint
on my heart.

And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
by being my friend...

And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness for the things I've done you blame me for.

But then, I guess we know there's blame to share, and none of it seems to matter anymore.

Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good."

#5. Eyes by Kaskade

"You and I could paint the sky together.
As the world goes by we'll go on forever.

Look into my eyes.
Eyes are the windows to the soul.
Look into my eyes,
Oh you will know.

There is no surprise because love is plain to see.
Look into my eyes.

Truth is truth and time can never leap it.
This I know: we will always keep it."



No comments:

Post a Comment