I think sometimes we overlook the simple things that help us get through this thing we call life. I've been blessed so much in my 19 and a half years on this earth and I know, without those blessings, I would be nothing.
Everyday people walk into our lives and events happen that have the potential to change us forever, whether it be positive or negative change. What we have to decide is whether to let them or not. Sometimes it's hard. Actually, most of the time it's hard. As human beings we don't always like change. We're stubborn and set in our ways. Sometimes that's a good thing. Sometimes we need to be stubborn and stand up for ourselves. But sometimes it's good to allow yourself to open up and try new things. It's good to let people in every so often. It may not be something you have ever thought about doing. The person you have the choice to let in may not be someone you would ever think to talk to. But a lot of the time, the least likely choice is the best choice.
I'm grateful for the people that have walked into my life and changed me for the better. Just like the song from Wicked says, "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." So thank you. Thank you to those of you who fall under that category.
In just a day and a half I'll be saying goodbye to some of those people. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to know them, even if it was for only a year.
Right now, as I think about it, I wish I wasn't leaving. I wish I could stay and not change a thing. But I know leaving is the right thing to do, despite how hard it's going to be. I'm grateful for my family's willingness to let me go home and figure out my life. I'm grateful for the sacrifices they've made for my sake.
I'm grateful for the trials in my life. They have made me stronger.
I'm grateful, not for my mistakes, but for the lessons I've learned from those mistakes.
I'm grateful for the life that I've been given. I've been blessed with so much that other people only dream of being blessed with. I know I take it for granted a lot and that is something I need to work on, but I am truly grateful for it.
And finally, I'm grateful for the future. It scares the crap out of me that I don't know what's going to happen next, but without that unknown life would be so extremely boring. We wouldn't really be living. We would just be going through the motions and where's the adventure in that? So thank you, God, for not letting the cat out of the bag. (: That was way nice of you.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment