Fun workout. Skype with my best friend. Four job interviews. Progress.
Today I finally feel like I made some progress with my life!
My tear count is down, my smile is less forced, and the pain isn't so unbearable.
[Workout.] At the gym this morning I got a 5-minute massage to loosen up, did a 30-minute ab workout, ran for 25 minutes, and then did another 30-minute ab workout. It felt so good! I mean, I haven't lost any weight yet and my stomach hasn't turned into those washboard abs yet, but if I keep up with what I'm doing I know I'll get to where I want to be eventually! And hopefully, in time, I won't feel so dead after such a small workout. Instead I'll feel dead after a more intense workout! (:
[Skype.] I am so grateful for modern technology! Without it all of this would be a lot harder than it is already. It's just incredible that someone was smart enough to come up with a way for people to talk face to face instantly through a computer screen. So, whoever invented it, thanks and I love you!
[Interviews.] Going into my job search today, I was kind of skeptical. From experience, the town and surrounding area that I live in isn't the best place to find a job. But apparently today was my lucky day! I walked into the mall and every store I walked into was hiring. I landed my first interview at American Eagle this coming Wednesday! I was so happy after that I almost left right then and there. But instead I went to Strawberry, Hollister, Gap, Aeropostale, and Auntie Anne's. And the results? I have an interview for Strawberry on Wednesday. I have an interview at Hollister on Tuesday. I have an interview at Aeropostale on Wednesday. The manager at Gap told me to call back on Monday to set up an interview. And the manager at Auntie Anne's said she would call me sometime next week. Success? I think so!!
So, tonight I'm smiling. Even though things are still hard and I'm still going through a lot, I have something that I can look forward to. Although I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, I an see the reflectors that line the inside of the tunnel. It's not completely dark anymore and I know if I keep making progress, then one day everything will fall into place and work out.
I will be where I want to be. I'll be doing what I want to be doing. And I'll be with who I want to be with.
No comments:
Post a Comment